Art & Science Spring Class Series
This a-la-carte class series offers both art and science projects for children ages 6-12. Smash Painting, String Art, and Tie Dye Coasters are just some of the fun projects waiting for you to create. Pick which projects you like best or try them all. See museum website or class brochure for full calendar of projects.
iMAKE Classes run at 4:30 every Thursday from February 1st to April 19th and will continue through the school year. $8/child for one class or $60 for a 10 class punch card. Spaces are limited to 15 students/class. Call the museum to RSVP and save a seat. Walk-ins are first come, first served.
- Feb. 1st Art – Beauty Meets Beast: Collage Faces
- Feb. 8th Science – Rubberband Marble Maze – learn some basic tool skills while making this fun toy project!
- Feb. 15th Art – Tie Dye Ceramic Coasters
- Feb. 22nd Science – Mini robots – make a moving, vibrating robot with recycled materials and learn to solder along the way!
- Mar. 1st Art – Nature Wall Hangings
- Mar. 8th Science – Grow your own crystal garden. Experiment with different solids by dissolving them and recrystallizing them into beautiful patterns.
- Mar. 15th Art – String Art: String ‘em, Love ‘em, Hang ‘em
- Mar. 22nd Science – Hydrographics: Learn about density and solubility while making a work of art!
- Mar. 29th Art – Smash Painting: Eggcellent Art
- Apr. 5th Science – Cobra Weave – Exploding Popsicle Sticks! Potential energy turns quickly into a kinetic explosion with this safe and fun activity!
- Apr. 12th Art – Treasure Boxes
- Apr. 19th Science – DIY Lava Lamps – It’s not only GROOVY it’s CHEMISTRY!