Do you love getting kids excited about learning and the world around them? At The Children’s Museum you can bring the exhibits to life by volunteering as a docent. Our docents serve as an exhibit guide or program facilitator for our young guests during group visits.
If you have a specific area of interest or expertise, we would love for you to share your knowledge with our visitors! Here are just a few of our exciting exhibit areas:
- Pennsylvania’s Native Americans/Eastern Woodlands Longhouse
- Animal Architects/ PA Greenways/ Live Turtle Exhibit
- 20th-century PA Coal Mines
- Ancient Egypt
- Immigrants’ Passage to PA
- Dental Health
- Diabetes/Healthy Eating/Exercise
- Butterfly Garden Maintenance
- Old-fashioned Classroom
- Let’s Pretend Theater
If you are knowledgeable in another area or have an idea for a specific activity or lesson, we will be happy to work with you. All new docents receive training materials and are introduced to the presentation process through a quick and easy orientation. Please fill out an interest form or contact us to learn more.