As a non-profit, The Children’s Museum depends on volunteers! We are always in need of volunteer help, so don’t hesitate to contact us to learn more!
Here are some suggestions for volunteer work you can do with us!
- Office/Gift Shop assistance
- Help us with office tasks, stuffing envelopes, answering phones, and working at the front desk helping people check in and purchase items from our gift shop!
- Act as a guide or docent during group trips at the museum
- Promotion & Fundraising
- Help us publicize museum events or increase support for the museum through fun events!
- Work with children by teaching or assisting with a program. You can also write a teacher’s guide.
- If you have a special talent or interest that you would like to share (be it art, music, science, or just about any other talent), you can do a regular presentation for groups or a single Saturday general program.
- Butterfly Garden
- And anything else you can imagine!
- Work experience and training
- 10% savings in the Museum Shop
- Invitation to annual volunteer recognition event
- Reference and recommendation for future employment
Museum Volunteer Guidelines
All volunteers will be expected to:
- Be reliable in attendance and punctual
- Be 15 years or older
- Abide by museum policies
- Attend training required for your volunteer position
- Collaborate with staff and other volunteers
- Obtain a child abuse history clearance and criminal background check
- Be ready to have fun!
Pick up an application at the front desk, fill out an application from our website, or contact museum director Shawna Meiser and we will email one to you!
Applications are accepted at all times and will remain on file. Volunteer applicants will be interviewed and placed or positioned according to the Museum’s needs and the volunteer’s skills and interests.
Contact us to inquire about volunteer opportunities today!