This year has been tough on everyone in our community. We are committed to ensuring our community’s children have safe, fun, and inspiring programs and spaces to learn in. With you, even a global pandemic could not keep us down.
Here are 5 amazing things your support has made possible — even during a global pandemic!
- Your donations helped create the Stay Play Learn Website that was operational during the lockdown period. This website provided fun videos from regional teachers, artists, scientists, and other experts for our community’s children to access for free, have fun, and learn from during a time they could not be with their friends.
- We distributed over 4,000 free take and make STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) kits throughout Columbia and Montour counties during the lockdown period. The kits were distributed through Little Free Libraries, food cupboards, and community centers.
- During the lockdown period, we kept busy working on our new health exhibit. This exhibit, which will open later this year, is called The Super Power of You! It deals with modifiable health risk factors, specific to our region, that individuals can take charge of and promote positive health outcomes.
- You kept the learning going! We were able to purchase the plexiglass barriers needed to hold our in-person summer camps as well as the cleaning and sanitation items required for the museum to be open and provide a safe environment for everyone.
- We reopened on July 1st, 2020, and even though we were closed for over 3 months, we served more than 13,000 people this year. During the months of closure, your support kept us connected to and serving the needs of our community in new and exciting ways.
Thank you for your support. We can’t wait to see the difference we can make next year!
Your donation provides turtles food for a month for our 6 turtles.
This gift sponsors 2 virtual field trips for kids PreK-12th grade.
Your donation sends a month's worth of STEAM kits to a local library.
Your gift enrolls 2 students in our fine arts camp.
This sponsors a year's worth of All Abilities Night at the Museum.
Your donation helps manage our collections and preserve the artifacts the museum houses.
I'm a Believer!
Please make checks payable to:
The Children's Museum
2 West 7th Street
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
click the button below to donate securely online at