- This event has passed.
September 21, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Every other Wednesday, 11-1:00 p.m.
September 7th- December 28th
Parent/child activities are designed to complement concepts taught in the homeschool curriculum, grades K-12. Discounted admission for homeschool families ($5/person).
- September7Engineering with Air!
- Air-powered rockets, principals of flight, air pressure explosions, wind foil design – and many more amazing air experiments will be explored in the Homeschool Hangout!
- September21-Agricultural Science.
- This special Homeschool Hangout will be at Rohrbach’s Farms in Catawissa! Tickets must be purchased through Rohrbachs Farms www.rohrbachsfarm.net/store/p926/Homeschool_Day_%40_The_Farm.html
- Enjoy an educational tour of our farm& operations. A hayride will bring your group to our pavilion, where ourPlayland will open for fun! You can also purchase tickets to our corn maze& apple slingshot. Bring a bagged lunch or pre-order lunch from our deli. Big Dan’s BBQ will also be open. The deadline for registration is September 19th. Advanced registration is required by September 19th; we will not be able to accommodate walk-ins. $10 per person, ages 5 & up. 4 and under are free with registration. Optional add-ons: Apple Slingshot: Small basket $4. Corn Mazes 5- 12 $6; 13 and over $8.
- October 5- Food Microbiology
- We will take an in-depth look at the microorganisms that colonize, modify, and process, or contaminate and spoil food.
- October19-Forensic Science
- Imagine entering a crime scene and being responsible for noticing and collecting every trace of evidence. The pressure’s on: your analysis of the evidence must be scientifically sound to crack the case. In this Homeschool Hangout, you will learn the scientific principles and real investigative techniques behind solving crime scene mysteries.
- Coding is a list of step-by-step instructions that get computers to do what you want them to do. No matter what age, whether you are new to coding or have some experience, this hands-on program is for you.
- November16-Reptiles and Amphibians
- Learn about animal adaptations while exploring these cold-blooded animals. Students will investigate a variety of reptiles and amphibians through live animals, crafts, and activities. They will discover what special adaptations these scaly, slippery creatures have developed for survival.
- November30-Gingerbread Science
- Did you realize gingerbread creations involve engineering, math, and chemistry!?! *cannot guarantee allergen-free products
- December14-DIY Holiday Gifts
- We will have a variety of crafts available for all ages for students to create their own holiday gifts. 3D printed, laser cut, leather tooling, papercraft, and many more!
- December28-Financial Fitness
- This program teaches young students about money recognition, financial choices, cost‐benefit analysis for purchases, the benefits of budgeting, and the role of an entrepreneur.
Looking for more fun, local, family-friendly events? Check out Bloomsburg Kids.