Federal Work Study Students
We are looking for University students who are available in the spring and fall semesters. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Promotes an interactive educational experience for museum visitors
- Greets visitors at the front desk and exhibit halls
- Assisting with opening and closing procedures, including daily cleaning
- Monitoring the exhibit floor for organization, cleanliness, and safety; resetting exhibits; noticing any problems or concerns, and notifying staff
- Helps set up and facilitate crafts, experiments, and activities during special events
- Provides support with office work and mailings
- Works with staff on marketing museum programs
- Answering phone inquiries and providing basic customer service
- Facilitating guest exploration within various exhibit spaces
To be considered for the job, you must first confirm you are approved for a federal work-study position. To do this, contact Jamie Golden at the Office of Financial Aid ([email protected]).
The museum is a short 15-minute walk from campus. There is parking available if you have a car. We are open Monday-Saturday 10-4. There are also occasional evening events you could work on. The typical hours for this position are anywhere from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. Availability to work over breaks is a plus. We are willing to work around your class schedule!
After getting approval from the financial aid office, please send your resume and availability to Shelby K. at [email protected]
No phone calls or drop-ins, please.